Monday, March 28, 2011

Winching 2011

The water is on the rise! Today I heard that the Crow River is three feet from it's all time high mark. The Mississippi is about to swallow harriet island as well as most of the apartments along the water near St. Paul. The Minnesota River is is about to break the shores in Montevideo and Fargo is expected to get crushed, once again. (what's new there?). I had some free time to drive around I didn't find much and I know there is way more stuff out there but I am really stoked on one of the spots. This winter is hanging on much longer than last. By this time last year I had already taken a boat set...so as you can imagine I am very anxious to get out. I am always down to winch with who ever whenever, we need to band together up here because there is not many of us that are willing to hop into this cold water. Let me know if you have spots or ideas and we can get out...as soon as the freaking ice melts!!!

This first spot is one that I fond last year, and am still really stoked about it. This rail is long, and would make for a very sick still and awesome video shot if you could slide a big chunk of it. Obviously as you can tell, there is still ice here and this will probably be underwater soon, BUT as soon as it reappears, shred on! You would most likely need a ski for this one but a winch would work as well. 




This spot is not really feasible, just thought it was sweet. Maybe if the water was lower the rail was a little longer, you fashioned your self a pool for the run-in and you had a ski to pull you this spot could work...?

This is Harriet Island Park, it is closed for the flooding but there is rails and ledges everywhere..

Slide some park benches anyone?

The water is getting high!


   

No comments:

Post a Comment